Monday, September 21, 2009

"What It Do"


As I post my first blog ever, I can’t help but think of back-in-the-day when I was first introduced to the computer. As I move through life so many things change but other things remain the same. As an intelligent person I try to see why some things change but others remain the same. As we have become more technologically advanced, we have become more ignorant as people. I have a suggestion; “Get Off the Boo Boo”! Put the drugs down, put the mouse down, and put the drinks down. Open your eyes to what is going on around you. When your time comes you will be judged for what you do. I know I am rambling but isn’t that what a blog is about. Everyone has an opinion now because of TV, MySpace, facebook, and all the other countless web/blog sites. No one really cares about your crazy self and your opinion. If you are not apart of the solution, you are part of the problem. If you are not going to be a part of the solution then keep your comments to yourself. If you can’t come up with a better solution to what we are going through as a nation of human beings then shut up! I can’t stand a negative fool! Analyze the man or woman in the mirror before you open your mouth. Take a nice hard look in the mirror and ask yourself “What am I doing to better myself, my family, and my community?”

The South lost the Civil War and our President is Black! This is a great country with some stupid people in it. I say that because people don’t see that we have so much more potential as a country. Stop hating each other because of stupid arbitrary reasons. Who cares if someone is Black or White! Who cares if someone is a Democrat or Republican! We need to help one another! We need to love one another! We need to love ourselves first! If you do not love yourself, how can you possibly love someone else? I am pretty sure we have more in common than we do not. I like sports. I like music. I like beer. I like nice cars. I like money. I like books. I like knowledge. I like barbecue!

I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would become a producer of special programs related to the African Diaspora. On a daily basis I produce Black History Moments (BHM) and Lets Talk Money (LTM). My plan is to inform people whether it is about history or finances. I love my gig! To help someone learn about the history of African Americans is such an honor. I was called to do this by forces other than myself and now I believe it was meant to be. I love the good, the bad, and the ugly history because it tells us about ourselves. In addition, it tells you how far we have come and where we need to go. I produce because I love it. There is nothing more empowering than coming up with an idea, researching it, and then executing the plan. Execute something good in your life and in someone else’s. The key word today: LOVE!

jthwaites@whur.com

No comments:

Post a Comment